Let your voice take you on a journey...
- Are you interested in exploring the psychological relationship between your voice, body and emotions?
- Have you always wanted to sing or use your voice with more ease, confidence and joy?
- Are you looking for new ways to be creative or to write songs?
- Do you use your voice professionally and want to understand how to use it more effectively or expressively?
Voice Movement Therapy (VMT) is an expressive arts therapy that integrates vocal sound, movement, breathing, imagery, improvisation and song. VMT offers a safe and grounded approach to explore, embody and expand your voice, and to express and integrate all the different aspects of the self through voice and movement.
Developed in the UK by Paul Newham, Voice Movement Therapy draws on the pioneering voicework of Alfred Wolfsohn, the experimental theatre work of Roy Hart, the psychotherapeutic principles of Carl Jung, and the bodywork of Wilhelm Reich.
- One-to-one sessions in central Norwich
- Workshops - short introductory courses and two day intensive workshops
- First exploratory session half price
In 2010 we founded the Norfolk Voice Movement Therapy Centre in order to practice Voice Movement Therapy and share the work with others. We are both very passionate about VMT because of the strong impact the work has had on our own lives. We have both experienced the power of Voice Movement Therapy to connect us to a deeper sense of self, to express emotions, transform experiences, and empower our voices. For us, VMT has also been a great source of inspiration for deepening our creativity and expanding our artistic process as singer/songwriters.